The Throwing Club of Indiana is a full service Track and Field throws training club.
The club’s mission is to teach Shot Put, Discus, Hammer, and Javelin throwing technique to optimize performance and create opportunities for athletes to compete in National and International competitions.
Tyler Miller is the Throws Club Director and Head Throwing Coach.
Tyler’s Career Throwing Highlights include:
- Finishing 14th in the Shot Put at the NCAA National Championships.
- Posting an Olympic Trials qualifying mark of 61’4″ in the Shot Put in 2008
- Placing in the top 5 all-time at Purdue University in the Shot Put
The Throws Club’s members and alumni have also had a great deal of success, including:
- NCAA Division 1 All-American and Purdue University All-Time Men’s Discus Record Holder – Ashmon Lucas – 206’4″
- Multiple NCAA Division 1 Track and Field Scholarship Athletes
- Fishers Junior High School Boy’s Discus Record Holder – Nathan Allgeier – 144′ – class of 2023
- Greenwood Community High School Boy’s Discus Record Holder – Nick Young – 170’8″ – class of 2019
- Fishers High School Boy’s Shot-put Record Holder – Hayden Tobias – 57’9″ and growing – class of 2020
Tyler opened Force Barbell Sports Performance and Fitness in 2012. He began working with throwers in 2014 before officially registering the Throws Club of Indiana as a USATF club in 2018.
Athletes and parents looking for high quality throws training should schedule a discovery session below to learn more about the club.